Apply by October 13, 2019 to be considered.
Multiple candidates may be accepted to increase coverage.
- Responsible for capturing each presenters performance on event-day, including editing and post-production in the style of TED Talks. See samples here.
- Several videographers may be required to collaborate together in order to capture different angles of the presenter, and have footage stitched together in post-production.
- Ensure that all videos are edited and uploaded in a timely manner as they need to be transmitted to the TED organization post-event.
- All talks will be posted by TED to their YouTube channel.
- If there are multiple videographers, secondary videographers may capture the day’s excitement and details by interviewing and/or collecting footage of attendees, sponsors and partners documentary style.
- Videographer may request for a volunteer to help with interviewing participants at the event.
- Your work will be posted to TEDxMcMasterU’s website and/or social media platforms to help encourage repeat attendance and sponsorship of the event in subsequent years.
- If you are an established videography business, you will be formally recognized as an official partner of TEDxMcMasterU.
- 1+ years of event videography and video editing experience.
- Possesses an eye for detail, beauty, and a creative mind.
- Demonstrated maturity and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and desire to put on a successful event.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable, and collaborative personality.
Additional Application Instructions
- In addition to submitting the standard application, please submit additional samples of your work to support your application, such as a link to your website, portfolio or Vimeo / YouTube account.