Master of Ceremonies
Apply by October 13, 2019 to be considered.
Up to 2 candidates may be accepted for this position.
- Act on-stage as the host and the face of TEDxMcMasterU on event day, introducing all the speakers / talent, orienting the attendees of the event, and thanking all partners / sponsors.
- The theme of the 2019 event is AMBITION.
- Responsible for writing emcee’s script, official timekeeper for the event, and able to think on your feet if there are any technical or scheduling glitches throughout the day.
- Required to be present during the dry-run (Thursday December 12th, 2019) and on event day (Friday December 13th, 2019).
- May host the event as a pair with a second emcee.
- Comfortable, confident, and effective when speaking in front of a crowd.
- Able to think on your feet during stressful situations.
- Prior emcee or performing experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated maturity and positive attitude.
- Strong desire to put on a successful event.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable, and collaborative personality.
Additional Application Instructions
- In addition to submitting the online application, please submit a 30 second video clip introducing yourself and telling us anything. For example, an interesting fact, a funny joke, or something educational.
- Please share the video as an unlisted video on YouTube. It does not need to be produced at high quality, feel free to use your cell phone video camera. The intention is to get a sense for how you will present on stage, not how professionally you can edit or produce a video.
- Click here for instructions on how to create an unlisted YouTube video