Apply by August 14th 11:59 pm EST to be considered.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, scheduling and managing the TEDxMcMasterU volunteer team to ensure they know where to go, what their responsibilities are, who to reach out to if they need help, who they should report to, etc.Responsibilities:
- Review volunteer applications and interview shortlisted candidates.
- Recruit, train, schedule and manage the TEDxMcMasterU volunteer team to ensure they know where to go, what their responsibilities are, who to reach out to if they need help, who they should report to, etc.
- Volunteers may assist the day before the event for set-up & dry run and on event day. Volunteer Director is responsible for coordinating the shift schedules for all volunteers.
- Volunteer training should be delivered several weeks in advance of the event, in tandem with the Back of House and Front of House Directors for specific requirements.
- Volunteers may be recruited in these areas:
- Back of House
- A/V support
- Talent management
- Photography & videography support
- Hair & make up
- General operations & logistics
- Front of House
- Food & beverage
- Registration table
- Sponsors / partner booths
- General front of house support
- Responsible for ensuring that volunteers are valued, thanked, and in general have a fun and positive experience participating in and enjoying a meaningful and educational event.
- Manage acquisition of food and beverages for volunteers and the executive team on training and event days.
- Volunteer Director will play a primary role in planning the post-conference social event (i.e. managing logistics and finances, contacting caterers and venues, ensuring set-up and take down on day of event, etc)
- Candidates with experience related to volunteer management or event planning will be highly considered.
- Demonstrated maturity and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and desire to put on a successful event.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable, and collaborative personality.