Apply by August 14th 11:59 pm EST to be considered.
- Review all talent applications (ie. speakers, artist/performers, master of ceremonies) using a marking scheme along with the co-chairs as well as conduct interviews with selected applicants.
- Responsible for the preparation and training of the speakers:
- Recruit speaker coaches for each speaker.
- Create a timeline for speakers to follow to prepare their talks in order to
ensure that they are well prepared before event day.
- Set up meetings as necessary with speakers and coaches to ensure that
preparation is going as planned.
- Ensure talk content and presentation slides is appropriate to the theme and
follows TEDx regulations.
- Conduct follow up meetings with artists/performers & MCs to ensure that
talent is well prepared for the event.
- Act as liaison between speakers, coaches and co-chairs and provide updates regarding progress of speakers to co-chairs.
- Responsible for any paperwork and signature of administrative forms related to talent management.
- Collect speaker materials (ie. presentation decks, props etc) and organize the procuration of additional required items for other talent.
- Ensure talent is aware of the event schedule and coordinate the appropriate arrival and preparation times.
- Work closely with the Back of House Director to train talent on how to use microphones, presentation technology etc.
- Follow up with talent after the event to provide thanks and receive feedback.
- Candidates with experience related to event planning will be highly considered.
- Talent management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated maturity and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and desire to put on a successful event.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable, and collaborative personality.