Apply by August 14th 11:59 pm EST to be considered.
- Responsible for developing unique and creative ways to:
- Tell the TEDxMcMasterU story.
- Showcase the speaker lineup
- Highlight partners & sponsors for their contributions
- Spread the word about TEDxMcMasterU
- Encourage attendee registration
- Encourage speaker applications
- Responsible for developing and implementing captivating online and/or offline marketing campaigns to encourage speaker participation, partner/sponsor engagement, and to drive attendee registration.
- Responsible for general maintenance of the TEDxMcMasterU website, including making updates to the website when new speakers are announced, or as new partners/sponsors are added to the event.
- Responsible for drafting and sending email newsletters to drive attendee registration and keep participants up to date.
- Management of social media channels including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter & Instagram.
- Responsible for managing and generating social media and/or website content leading up to the event to keep participants engaged and excited.
- Manage the posting of live content & snippets to social media on event day.
- Work closely with the Front of House Director to design, produce and order front of house materials required for event day, including the program brochure, signage, nametags, swag etc.
- Candidates with marketing, branding, advertising, social media and/or website management experience will be highly considered.
- Strong social media experience and following is a bonus.
- Graphic design experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated maturity and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and desire to put on a successful event.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable, and collaborative personality.
Additional Application Instructions:
In addition to submitting the standard application, please submit additional sample work to support your application, such as a link to your portfolio, social media account and/or website that you manage
Additional Application Instructions
In addition to submitting the standard application, please submit additional sample work to support your application, such as a link to your portfolio, social media account and/or website that you manage.