Back of House Director
Apply by August 14th 11:59 pm EST to be considered.
- Responsible for all back of house and production side logistics and operations including pre-event and day-of-event management, direction and liaison with vendors providing services for lighting, stage design, microphones, speakers, projectors, screens, photographer(s), videographer(s), and any other production-related individuals as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing the set-up, equipment testing and dry run of presentations / performances the day before the event on Thursday Dec 12th, 2019.
- Ensure that a large TEDxMcMasterU sign to be placed on the stage is picked up and returned to McMaster University library after the event.
- Train & manage back of house volunteers assisting with technical needs and/or talent management on event day as required.
- Supervise vendors during set-up and tear down of equipment. Work with volunteers to ensure auditorium is emptied of all extraneous equipment post-event to meet building administrator standards.
- Coordinate with all talent that will be presenting or performing on event day, including speakers, emcee, artists/musicians/dancers (if any), and any other presenters.
- Responsible for ensuring that requirements requested by talent are met, tested in advance and fulfilled.
- Train talent on how to use microphones and presentation technology.
- Responsible for ensuring all PowerPoint / Keynote decks, audio and/or video files are received on a timely basis and collated for a smooth production on event day.
- Collaborate and assist videographer with any items they may require for post-production and editing of TED Talks.
- Ensure photographers and videographers submit final work on a timely basis so materials can be submitted to the TED organization after the event is over. All talks will be posted by TED to https://www.youtube.com/user/TEDxTalks. All photos will need to be published to Flickr under a creative commons license.
- Candidates with technical experience related to event production will be highly considered.
- Strong proficiency in Mac / PC, Keynote, PowerPoint and able to troubleshoot technical issues to ensure smooth delivery.
- Talent management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated maturity and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and desire to put on a successful event.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable, and collaborative personality.
- Team management experience/supervisory experience is an asset.