Sponsorships & Partnerships Director
Apply by August 8th 11:59 pm EST to be considered.
- Develop and execute strategies to promote sponsorship recruitment and secure funding.
- Implement meaningful ways to engage sponsors, to align to their needs, and to encourage continued support for future local TEDx events.
- Raise sponsorship funds, in-kind donations, and to develop partner relationships.
- Arrange meetings with potential sponsors to discuss the details of partnership.
- Liaise with corporations and local business as required for monetary sponsorships, as well as the development of public relations.
- Follow up with previous sponsors of TEDxMcMasterU and seek new potential sponsors from the local community.
- Oversee the TEDxMcMasterU sponsorship Gmail account and actively respond to requests or inquiries from sponsors.
- Collaborate with and provide oversight for all team members.
- Act as an ambassador of TEDxMcMasterU throughout the community of Hamilton and within McMaster University.
- Ensure completion of post-event checklist for TEDx with team’s support (e.g. maintaining relationships with sponsors etc.)
- In accordance with the co-chairs, responsible for staying on budget, managing the overall finances and ensuring adequate sponsorships are secured for the event.
- Draft sponsorship proposal emails and sponsorship packages (with the help of design coordinator).
- Communicate with Front of House to brainstorm various ways for sponsors to get involved with the conference.
- Set up sponsor booths on the day of the event and orient sponsors to their respective booths
- Candidates with past experience with garnering sponsorships of $5,000+ will be highly considered. (Goal for this year: $15 000 in sponsorship).
- Financial background and/or experience with budget management is an asset.
- Friendly, approachable, and collaborative personality.
- Demonstrated maturity and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and desire to put on a successful event.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.