Apply by October 6, 2019 to be considered.
- Responsible for overall event success and participant satisfaction in partnership with two other co-chairs. Event participants include speakers, partners / sponsors, volunteers and attendees.
- Develop and execute strategies to promote attendee registration, speaker recruitment, community sponsorships, and volunteer participation.
- Implement meaningful ways to engage sponsors, to align to their needs, and to encourage continued support for future local TEDx events.
- Work closely with two other co-chairs to raise sponsorship funds, in-kind donations, and to develop partner relationships. Able to pick up where another co-chair hands-off as needed.
- Collaborate with and provide oversight for all team members.
- Encourage positive communication and teamwork among team and volunteers.
- Lead regular meetings with team members to ensure challenges are promptly resolved and event planning activities are happening on schedule.
- Act as an ambassador of TEDxMcMasterU throughout the community of Hamilton and within McMaster University.
- Liaise with media as required for public relations and development of goodwill.
- Provide hands-on leadership on the actual day of the event.
- Ensure completion of post-event checklist for TED with team’s support (e.g. uploading videos to TED server, completing post-event questionnaire, etc.)
- In conjunction with the other co-chairs, responsible for staying on budget, managing the overall finances and enduring payments are made to vendors for the event.
- Responsible for all post-event checklist activities mandated by the TED Organization.
- Candidates with past experience planning & organizing a 100+ person event or conference will be highly considered.
- Previous leadership experience is required.
- Demonstrated maturity and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and desire to put on a successful event.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable, and collaborative personality.